Herbal Body Oils - A Game Changer for Ultimate Relaxation from Stress & Pain
Our bodies crave oil --nourishing fats-- to soothe the friction in life and are absolutely essential to good health.
Every cell in the body is surrounded by a lipid (fat) layer and the nerves in the body are coated in fat. When we are depleted of good quality fats--- we tend to get irritated, overwhelmed, frazzled, and just plain angry more easily and not to mention dry skin and wrinkles. Good, natural oils help us calm down and relax. Oils infused with herbs are even more amazing because we get the added benefit of the herb's special properties in it.
Good oils are fats that remain as close to their pure state as possible. They come from nature from animals or plants that grew in the sunshine and open air without any harmful chemicals. And harvested with the least amount of processing so it remains in its natural state and doesn't turn into a "trans" fat or something else entirely.
Examples of good oils or fats that we eat would be butter, raw whole milk, raw cheese, coconut oil, cold pressed olive oil, and omega 3's from chia and flax seeds or fish. They keep our cells flexible for nutrient exchange, trap in moisture, help us absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A,D, E, K and provide the basis for hormones and other important bodily functions.
Of course, these are more for eating, but we can also absorb oils through our skin and this is where herbal body oiling comes in.
In today's world of stress, distraction, and constant stimulation, herbal body oiling can be a life saver for so many struggling with overwhelm, and I have found that to be true for me. I often say, I wish I knew about herbal body oiling sooner in my life, especially when I was in college dealing with so much chaos and change. If we were told at a younger age of this practice, the world would be so much more peaceful in my opinion!
It is an easy, gentle, and oh so wonderful way to settle down at the end of the day or week or even the beginning -- heck anytime--- to relax and restore the body.
Herbal Body Oils
Herbal oils are deeply restorative and calming to the body and mind. The herbal oils are meant for all over body use and to be used generously to absorb the healing properties of the plants through the skin into the body.
Using an age-old method of infusing whole plants into oil, this process extracts a wide range of beneficial herbal constituents from each plant ally. By using whole plants, not just the essential oils, the oil receives the entire energy and healing properties of the plant— not just a few— therefore, creating a more gentle, safer, yet effective extract.
Benefits of Herbal Oils
When massaged on the body, they increase circulation, relieve tension, soothe pain & inflammation, calm the nerves, improve lymphatic flow, and promote healthy tissue, and so much more!
How to Use Herbal Body Oils
Herbal body oiling (Abhyanga) is an ancient practice of using whole plant infused oils for self massage to nourish the body into a state of relaxation and health. Oiling the skin allows beneficial properties of plants to seep through skin and access the nervous, lymphatic, musculoskeletal, and immune systems.
A form of "self-massage", body oiling is a wonderful way to commune with plants and gracefully restore your body to a sense of well being.
QUICK BODY OILING
- Anoint certain parts of body with 1 or 2 drops of oil directly on area you are honoring - dab on wrists, back of neck, belly button
- Gently massage ear lobes with oil
- Massage a light coat of oil over the body from head to toe, any time of day
- Spot treat areas of body in need of special care with oil
DEEP BODY OILING
- Add a generous dash to a hot bath or in a foot basin to create a luxurious relaxing soak
- Massage a quarter cup of oil onto feet and let soak in - no need to rinse off
- Slowly massage oil over body, lingering in places that need it. Be mindful & breathe deeply.
- TIP: Gently warm oil prior to massage in a water bath on stove. Do not boil because it destroys the herbal constituents
- Oil scalp to replenish hair shine & scalp health
- Cleaning the skin with oil seems strange, but is an ancient method to lift away dirt, toxins, and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural oils and pH level. Herbal oils purify, calm, and clear skin without use of soap or harsh cleansers. Antibacterial and anti-fungal properties cleanse the skin of microbes while the oil unclogs pores.
- Dampen cloth with warm water & add oil of choice. Gently rub on face and body.
- Use as a makeup remover.
Ingredients: organic jojoba infused with whole flowers and plants
100% unrefined, pure, cold-pressed & organic jojoba