The humble oat plant (Avena sativa) is a species of cereal grass known for being one the most nutritious foods containing high amounts of proteins, vitamins, minerals, & trace elements that nourish the nerves, support metabolism of fat, & uplift the spirit. In Auryuveda, it is considered the best longevity tonics.
- Aids the adrenals
- Relieves stress
- Promotes bone health
- Counteracts fatigue
- Increases energy levels
- Optimizes the nervous system
- Effective for tobacco withdrawal
- Eases headaches
- Relieves spasming muscles
- Enhances libido
One quart of 1 oz oatstraw infusion contains
- 1200 miligrams of magnesium
- High levels of calcium
- Contains chromium, iron, silicon, & selenium
- Vitamin A, B complex, C, E, K
- Soothing mucilage which supports healthy digestion and absorbs toxins
Flavor profile: slightly sweet, smooth, milky, comforting taste. May drink cold with ice cubes or warm with milk.
Contraindications: none reported, but caution in Celiac Disease.
One bag contains 6 oz of dried oatstraw.